A message from our Chief Operating Officer, Kurt Gibson:
Dear Valued Customers,
As we get closer to fully reopening across the country, I want to personally assure you that we at The Gear Centre Group will continue to implement measures to continue protecting our customers, and our staff, as we draw closer to the end of the pandemic. We want to assure you that we are taking all possible precautions with the wellbeing of everyone in mind.
Some of these steps include:
- For our Moncton and Mississauga locations, masks will continue to be required in our facilities.
- For our Surrey and Alberta branches, masks will no longer be mandated, but are still recommended.
- We will continue to comply with any local health orders or regulations put in place, and that we recommend checking on your local rules prior to visiting your local branch.
- We will continue to follow social distancing measures of 2m within our branch.
- Any Plexiglas or other safety barriers will remain in place for the time being.
- Our staff will only be allowed to service one customer at a time at our counters to help us maintain the safe social distance.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitizer for employees and customers to use.
- We are committed to wiping down and disinfecting our door handles and common public touch areas at a minimum every hour. Our service counters will be wiped down every hour or every five customers, whichever comes first.
- Our delivery drivers are equipped with masks to wear when dropping off at your location. Should you have any drop off protocols in place in your organization, please inform our inside sales staff when you place your order for delivery, so that we can pass the information on to our drivers.
- Our drivers will be equipped with their own pens for signing pick up documents, and will not be sharing the pen with anyone other than themselves.
- All of our work stations will be disinfected before and after every shift.
- Any staff that show symptoms of ANY illness will be sent home and not permitted to work their shift.
- Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will continue be made available to all staff that deal with you, our valued customer, to prevent transmission of viruses.
- Curb side pickup will continue to be available for those customers who prefer that option
When doing business at any of our locations where masking is not mandatory, if you would feel more comfortable dealing with a staff member who is masked, please feel free to indicate your preference and we would be happy to put a mask on while serving you.
Our business is considered an essential service, as such we are doing everything we can in order to support all the transport, long haul truckers, heavy equipment, public transit, first responders, medical personnel, and agricultural providers that continue to serve in this difficult time. Rest assured that we will continue to do everything we can to assist everyone, while doing our part to social distance and fight the spread of this pandemic.
We appreciate your patience and co-operation with the measures put in place as we get closer to getting back to normal operations soon.
Chief Operating Officer
The Gear Centre Group of Companies